Our commitment to combining cutting edge medicine with old-fashioned service has bridged our neighborhood’s transition from unpaved roads to the bustling University Crossing district. As a nationally registered Heritage Veterinary Practice and a Texas Heritage Veterinary Practice, we’ve served Dallas pet owners and their companions for more than 60 years.
A registered historic practice
When Dr. Joseph Newton opened our practice in 1946, SMU Blvd. was an unpaved road. Dr. Holt and his family lived on this property, too! For more than 60 years, we occupied these buildings, which were built from WWII surplus materials.
In the beginning, Holt patients included swine. Since the early 1950s, however, we have focused solely on family pets.
Caring for a growing community of Dallas pets
Dr. David W. Baxter purchased Dr. Holt’s practice in 1982. “Dr. B.” enjoyed working with local students and emphasized the importance of compassionate care.
Dr. Baxter hired our present director, Dr. Geoff Bratton, as a 16 year-old high school student, to work as a kennel assistant. Dr. Bratton later worked as a technician and veterinary intern before he assumed leadership of the practice in 2010.
Planning for the future
In 2014, we opened the doors to our new hospital, where we continue to serve Dallas pets from the same location we have enjoyed for nearly 70 years.
Our new home combines of state-of-the-art medicine with the old fashioned care and service our clients have come to expect.
We continue to offer a full range of surgical, diagnostic and laboratory services, as well as boarding and bathing services.